Asia Poker Academy is your poker home in Asia
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sunday Million Hand Contest #27

Sunday Million Hand Contest #27 3 months 1 week ago #1581

• APAcoach88
  • Thank you received: 17
Hey guys,

You all know the drill, best answer to the contest gets backed into the Sunday Million! Second best answer gets a 10% sweat of the winner. Good luck all!

The hand in question comes from the $25,000 SCOOP High Roller Final Table this year between two of the best high stakes MTT regulars in the world, European and BIack88.

Blinds 3k/6k

European opens in the cutoff to 15,000 with :a-club: :j-club: , BIack calls on the button.

Flop is :j-spade: :3-heart: :4-diamond:

European checks, Biack88 bets 20,000, European check raises to 60,000, BIack tanks and calls.

Turn is :6-spade: and European bets 96,000 into 170k pot. BIack calls.

River is :7-diamond: . European has 170k left, and the pot is 360k. What is the best option and why (check/call, check/fold, shove?) Further, what do you expect BIack to have?

Good luck all!

APAcoach
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheOldNight

Sunday Million Hand Contest #27 3 months 2 days ago #1582

• TheOldNight
  • Gold Fish
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey ma bois ,

I'd say the right play is to Check/Fold, opponent obviously has a 5/6 of diamonds. I feel like I can read his cards thru the screen, Coach. I also feel the Black88 lad is going to win the whole thing. Gezz, does anybody fell the same way I do?

Good luck

Sunday Million Hand Contest #27 3 months 1 day ago #1583

• DrakeM
  • Gold Fish
  • Thank you received: 1
Would be interesting to know how many chips Black has left.

But I agree, 5/6 in Blacks hands would be an option. I cant speak for the color though or if its even suited.

Another option would be A/Js, K/Js, or Q/Js.

I kind of tend to 5/6 though because calling 96k on the turn with those would have a lot of outs (4*2s, 4*7s, 3*5s, 2*6s) and would make more sense to me.

So check/fold would be the play.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 day ago by DrakeM.

Sunday Million Hand Contest #27 2 months 3 weeks ago #1584

• APAcoach88
  • Thank you received: 17
Great point, Drake. Black had European covered (and it would be safe to assume that is the case unless otherwise specified) I'll try and be better about that in the future!

Sunday Million Hand Contest #27 2 months 3 weeks ago #1585

Black is a lose aggro player so from the small blind is not going to bloat the pot first all with pretty much his entire range. Suited connectors from 45s to J9s in his range, low pairs.

His value range is different although he flats that range as well JTs+ 88+

European should 1/3rd the all streets fold to aggression OTR. 99 would call a bet on that flop, almost any under pair will. dont like x/r - too polarising. he should probably x/jam turn but only cuz he did not cbet.

As played any bet will get exploited, so the answer is fold because what got there is a small portion of Black's range and Euro unblocks spades but other than AQss+ no spade flats his x/r and he blocks a lot of AX combos.

He has to fold because the only hand he beats here is KJ, QJ and I think black x/jams those on turn. I cant find a worse hand that calls OTR.

So again answer is x/FOLD
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by DEXPLICIT.

Sunday Million Hand Contest #27 2 months 3 weeks ago #1586

Yeah, I think its covered mostly but the 56 makes a lot of sense. Correct play is check/fold. Not sure about the other hands in blacks range but if hes a looser player then it makes sense. Doesnt seem like we would be beating many hands with the AJ the way things went other than the obvious KJ and QJ suited type hands but not 100 sure if QJ would even continue after the turn bet without some type of draws so yeah I will go with check/fold and 56 as others have stated.