Asia Poker Academy is your poker home in Asia
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sunday Million Hand Contest #24

Sunday Million Hand Contest #24 7 months 6 days ago #1540

• APAcoach88
  • Thank you received: 17
After a little hiatus, we are back! You all know the drill, best answer gets entry into the Sunday Million. Good luck all!

APAcoach88

This was a hand played by one of my students, tournament is a $22 buy-in online six handed mtt

Blinds 3500/7000

Hero 210k
Villain 500k

Villain limps for 7k, button calls, hero completes in the SB with :q-heart: :t-spade: , BB checks.

Flop is :q-spade: :q-club: :j-club:

Check,check, limper bets 7,000, hero check-raises to 25,000, villain calls. Turn is :a-club: , check/check.

River is :k-spade: , hero bets 35,000, villain raises to 88,000. Hero....?

What do you do if you are hero on river? For further discussion, where would you play the hand differently?

Best of luck, all!

-APAcoach
Last Edit: 7 months 6 days ago by APAcoach88.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheOldNight

Sunday Million Hand Contest #24 7 months 5 days ago #1541

• DrakeM
  • Gold Fish
  • Thank you received: 1
Before apa went down (again), there had been a Contest #24 already, to which TheOldNight and me wrote an entry and which hadnt been evaluated for about 8 weeks or so.

You can check it out here: web-beta.archive.org/web/20170106074218/...um/events-promotions

What happened to that one? Shouldnt it be continued with our entries instead of just sweeping it under the carpet as if it never happened?

Sunday Million Hand Contest #24 7 months 4 days ago #1542

• TheOldNight
  • Gold Fish
  • Thank you received: 2
You're totally right, #24 contest winner was never announced.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
#24v2 answer.

I would fold on the river, It feel likes there's a whole bunch of ways to lose and only one way to win. Villain had to had something going on the flop to call that 25k check/raise, and the way turn and river turned he likely got what he was looking for, in which case we're left to hope that he only had a queen on flop and end up with merely a set of queens, that's literally the one realistic way we can take the bank @ this point.(IMO) At the same time there's bunch of hands we get beat by. If he was drawing a flush, we lost. If he had a queen/face, we lost. If he had a J/J K/K A/A , we lost. Even if he was drawing a straight we would be still be splitin'. Looking overall I'd say we realistically would be happy to split the pot @ this point, so I would've checked on the river instead of raising. In case of him betting big i'd fold.

Thanks!
Good the see APA back online :)))
Last Edit: 7 months 4 days ago by TheOldNight. Reason: added answer.

Sunday Million Hand Contest #24 7 months 4 days ago #1543

Fold the river. Villain has KK or KQ most likely. Very hard for him to be bluffing.

Sunday Million Hand Contest #24 7 months 3 days ago #1544

• Sorakasa
  • Gold Fish
  • Thank you received: 1
this hand would be bit easier with stats/reads and bit harder to create villain limping range without info

check raising flop for value/protection seems fair option cause so many people in and so many bad cards to come.
when villain calls we can narrow his range quite a bit and leave draws, Qx, maybe sometimes KJ, AJ, even AA, KK
could be possible but not that likely seing how deep this is played. there aint too many worse Qx in his range, readless really tough to say if he is limping Q5s type of hands but its more likely its Q9, QT, QJ, QK type of hands but total air balls and stuff like under pairs are usually out at this point

turn is pretty much worst card on deck, flushes and s8s gets there. now we are just check calling turn and keep pot smaller. villain could be checking back his whole range on turn, like only AA would make sense for him to bet there cause it dont block any of our possible hands.

river is just check folding weak as it sounds unless villain bets really small like 2-3bb. betting we rarely get call from trips and even those he can turn into bluff and we are folding again, we get call from s8 but thats about it.

Sunday Million Hand Contest #24 7 months 16 hours ago #1545

• Dr.Eldoradon
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 16
DrakeM wrote:
Before apa went down (again), there had been a Contest #24 already, to which TheOldNight and me wrote an entry and which hadnt been evaluated for about 8 weeks or so.

You can check it out here: web-beta.archive.org/web/20170106074218/...um/events-promotions

What happened to that one? Shouldnt it be continued with our entries instead of just sweeping it under the carpet as if it never happened?

Good question, didnt even know that we had already a contest #24. @ Gray aka APACoach88, can you please have a look into it and announce a winner of the two? We will send two APA stallions (the winner of the "former" and the current #24) then into the next Sunday Million race :)
Last Edit: 7 months 16 hours ago by Dr.Eldoradon.