Asia Poker Academy is your poker home in Asia
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sunday Million Hand contest #23

Sunday Million Hand contest #23 1 year 1 week ago #1519

• APAcoach88
  • Thank you received: 17
Hey guys!

You all know the drill, best answer wins backing into the Sunday Million! The following hand was played by me in the WSOP Main Event, continuing the trend from the last few hands, this one takes place on Day 2.

Day 2 of the WSOP $10,000 Main Event

Blind 300/600 ante 75
Hero: 65k
Villain1: 50k
Villain 2: 120k

Everyone folds to the cutoff (Villain 1) who limps for 600, I overlimp on the button with :5-heart: :5-club: , hoping to keep the blinds in (both amateur players as well as the limper) and keep pot size down in position and hope for a set. SB folds, BB checks.

Flop :j-club: :5-diamond: :8-spade:

BB leads out for 2,500 into a pot of roughly 3,000, the limper folds, I call with bottom set. Turn is the :4-heart: , BB checks, I bet 5,000 and he calls quickly.

River is the :7-club: , putting a 4 card straight on the board (if he has a 6). Villain thinks 3 seconds and leads for 15,000.

What does the hero do?

Gl all!

APA coach
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheOldNight

Sunday Million Hand contest #23 1 year 5 days ago #1521

Hero would double to 45,000 and an all-in to win the hand on the table.

Sunday Million Hand contest #23 1 year 5 days ago #1522

• ezcobell
  • Fish
Follow also the bet 15,000 and calls.

Sunday Million Hand contest #23 1 year 5 days ago #1524

• TheOldNight
  • Gold Fish
  • Thank you received: 2
I believe call is the right choice.

*Going all-in is extremely tempting in this specific hand, but it would be a terrible idea to risk all your tournament life on a single hand, even when you feel like holding a winner.(unless you hold nuts) As far as him holding a 6, I just can't see him play such raises for a backdoor straight - there's no way in blue hell. So most likely he has to hold a better set to beat you, in which case his quite agro high bet play doesn't make any sense, he wouldn't play so aggressive with a set. Since folding isn't an option, you have to call.

Thanks

Sunday Million Hand contest #23 1 year 5 days ago #1525

• ajay46
  • Fish
  • Thank you received: 1
3 limpers in an unraised pot.

My story, the way i picture it:

Big Blind raises almost to 83% of the pot, checks back on a dangerous turn and still calls the bet which is as big as the pot, and bets the pot on the river.

The hands beating you: pocket pairs (66, 77, 88, JJ), gut shot straight (9-10), Top-Pair and a single-straight outer (J-6)

Since our center of attraction is the Big Blind, it would make no sense for Big Blind to just limp in with pocket 6's, (66) or any other bigger pockets (7-7, 8-8, J-J) and certainly you can rule out such hands from his range.

A J-6, would have required really a gutsy play but it makes sense, Big Blind has a top pair on the flop, he bets 83%, seeing the call and more river outs he checks on the turn but calls a big bet ( (roughly 83% of the pot), seeing a completed straight on the river and with the second best nuts he bets the pot for value (which is hardly 25% of BB's stack) on the river.

A 9-10 would be very hard to call back on the turn but since the guy is an amatuer with 120 BB stack, he could have played on a gut-shot.

So the only hands you are beating on the river are stone cold bluffs or maybe J-7, even with J-7 there is no way he is going to bet on scary board after he has got the showdown value, so it is stone cold bluffs vs J-6 or offsuit 9-10, i dont think it is call.

Sunday Million Hand contest #23 1 year 5 days ago #1526

• Aikon
  • Fish
HI, I think this is a bluff card for Villain and Hero should 3bet river!